MONTAGUE CHURCH OF CHRIST, Montague, PE
Montague Church of Christ, an Independent Christian Church, is seeking a Preaching Minister. We are in Montague, Prince Edward Island, Canada. A service centre for a rural population of 20,000, about a five hour drive north of Maine. Farming, fishing and tourism are the main industries. Attendance is approximately 100 at our Sunday morning service. We have a modern facility that will seat 300.
Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college affiliated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ and have at least five years experience in preaching ministry.
Candidate must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community outreach, prayer, and personal spiritual growth. He must have strong leadership skills, works well with others, is organized and will lead the church in spiritual and numerical growth.
Additional staff include: a part-time youth minister, and secretary. A salary of $50,000 will be paid to the successful candidate. If you feel God is leading you to our church, please send a video/audio sermon, your resume, and recent picture to:
PO. Box 74 Souris, PE. Canada C0A 2B0
Please feel free to call: 1-902-687-2690, or e-mail: email@example.com for more info.
ALBERTA BIBLE COLLEGE, Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the President is directly responsible for the day to
day operation of Alberta Bible College and for representing the College. The President
is responsible for putting the strategic plan into operation with a laser-like focus on the
College’s mission of equipping people for effective service and witness for Christ
understood especially as preparing leaders for churches. The President is also
responsible for putting adequate financial resources in place to carry out this mission by
executing effective revenue generation and development strategies, by implementing
results-driven student recruitment and marketing, by creation of annual budgets with
vigilant financial controls, and by regular reporting to the Board of Trustees with
updates to stakeholders as appropriate. The President will be responsible for leading
and putting in place a team to carry out these responsibilities.
Candidates for President of Alberta Bible College MUST bring the following
- Identification with and adherence to Restoration Movement (RM) principles of New Testament Christianity, membership in a RM congregation, and a commitment to extending and growing the RM;
- A leader who possesses the persona, people skills and business acumen to lead a team in carrying out the College’s ministry; and
- Commitment to ABC’s Strategic Plan, adopted July 31, 2013.
Candidates for President may make themselves more competitive with the following
- Experience in pastoral/preaching ministry with a RM congregation;
- Advanced theological degree (at least master’s level);
- Experience as a fundraiser for a charity;
- Experience in church planting;
- Some understanding of the RM in Canada and its challenges;
- Experience in higher Christian education as an educator and/or administrator;
- Willing and able to promote ABC effectively in its endeavour to be the source, resource and focal point for RM leaders and growth initiatives in western Canada;
- Someone who will confidently engage especially people and churches in ABC’s constituency in an effective manner; and
- Inspirational to students and to supporters and churches in ABC’s constituency.
COMPENSATION: To be negotiated.
APPLICATION: To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé addressed to the
Search Committee as a PDF by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAVENPORT CHURCH OF CHRIST, Red Deer, AB
The Davenport Church of Christ in Red Deer, Alberta has an opening for a full-time minister effective immediately. We will be accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.
A search team has been selected to work alongside the elders in the process of receiving and reviewing applications. Please send you letter of interest, your resume and three references to:
Ivan Perry, chair of the search team
68 Donlevy Ave
Red Deer, AB T4R 2Y8
Minister Profile – Davenport Church of Christ
- Evangelist – intentionally building relationships with non-Christians with the hopes of “making the teaching about God attractive” and telling them the good news
- Teacher/Preacher – well-versed in God’s Word and all that surrounds it so as to be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one and in public settings
- Equipper – intentionally building relationships with all members (child, teen and adult) of the Davenport Church to discover / affirm spiritual gifts and empower towards ministry
- Leader – representing the leadership’s vision to the congregation
- People-helper – providing pastoral care for the Davenport Church community
- Servant – demonstrating God’s love to those who are in need
- Spiritual so as to be led by the Spirit and display the fruit of the Spirit
- Prayerful so as to be dependent on God
- Student of the Bible so as to help others understand the same
- Caring and compassionate so as to be able to help people in life’s struggles
- Organized so as to be able to oversee ministries of the church
- Confident yet humble so as to effectively lead people
- Teachable so as to be able to receive helpful direction from the elders
- Musical so as to be able to equip people in music ministry for our assembly
- God – building a deep faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Family – nurturing and cherishing spouse and children
- Elders – working in a mutual accountability
- Ministry leaders – recruiting and empowering
- Members of Davenport Church – equipping and encouraging
- Non-Christians – caring and influencing
Experience and Education
- Married with a young family
- Exemplary in Christian character and lifestyle
- Demonstrated maturity through 5-10 years of experience in church ministry
- Background and/or willingness to work within the heritage of Churches of Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
To view current ministry openings listed with Crosslink.org click on link http://www.crosslink.org/OpeningsShowAll.php
TROY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Troy, OH
The Troy Christian Church in Troy, Ohio is seeking a new worship minister to join our staff and help us work towards our vision of Connecting People to Jesus.
Candidates should have a faith background based in the Restoration Movement (i.e. Christian Churches/Churches of Christ), as well as a giftedness and passion for leading in worship.
Successful candidates should also have some training in another area of ministry (e.g. youth, small groups, discipleship, etc.) as over time additional responsibilities will be added in order to leverage the strengths and passions of all members of our staff.
A more complete job description can be located at troycc.org/jobs.
COMMON GROUND CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Tampa, Florida
FULL-TIME SENIOR PASTOR for a 6 year-old, multi-ethnic church in an urban setting.
Our Church: Common Ground Church in Tampa, Florida, located in the Seminole Heights area, minutes from downtown Tampa, is a family of believers which averages in the low to mid 100s each Sunday and comes from varied ethnic, economic and personal backgrounds and finds its unity and “common ground” in Christ. We are a “come as you are” church in a neighborhood known for its eclectic restaurants and entrepreneurial spirit.
Expectations: Primarily includes preaching, teaching, leading a team-based ministry model, communicating vision, and shepherding the church. Must also work cohesively with part-time staff (currently a Worship Leader and Youth & Family Life Pastor) and with the Management Team. Should form and articulate the overall direction of the church’s ministry, including, but not limited to: strategic planning, community outreach efforts, coordination of programs, and overseeing activities led by staff and volunteer leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education from a Restoration Movement based Bible College/University and committed to the ideals of the Restoration Movement.
- A minimum five years’ preaching experience or a combination of preaching/teaching equivalency is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bible.
- Strong administrative abilities.
- Creativity in worship and programming.
- High quality interpersonal skills demonstrated in healthy communication and relationships with the staff and church family.
To Apply: Send resume with brief theological statement and references to email@example.com. Additionally, please furnish video/cd of your preaching or advise if this can be found online.
WENTZVILLE CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Wentzville, MO
Send resumes to Jeremy Keeler at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a fast-growing suburban St. Louis church of 700 seeking an individual who is passionate about Children’s Ministry and helping parents to disciple their children. According to the 2010 census, Wentzville is the fastest growing city in the state of Missouri with a population of nearly 30,000 in a county of more than 350,000.
If you are interested in learning more about this great ministry opportunity and meet the following criteria, please visit our website www.wentzvillecc.org.
- Preferably at least 5 years’ experience
- If married, a supportive spouse
- Led Children’s ministries in a church of at least 300
- Bible college graduate
- Technology savvy
FIRST CHRISTIAN, Florissant, Missouri
First Christian is a regional church and one of the largest churches in the northern St. Louis area with an average attendance of 1,200+ with 2,500+ members. Located on 14 acres, the campus has evolved to over 100,000 square feet of space featuring a 1,600 seat, well designed worship center completed in 2006. Leadership is committed to strong Biblical teaching, passionate worship, and reaching out to the community in ways that connect unchurched people to Jesus Christ. First Christian has seen 500 decisions for Christ in 2011 & 2012 with over 300 of these decisions being baptisms. First Christian’s expansive ministry is a result of highly committed volunteers finding their ministry and serving with relentless dedication. This highly relational church is intent on stretching boundaries for the sake of reaching the community for Jesus Christ.
First Christian is seeking a high capacity, experienced, passionate worship leader. The worship pastor will report to the executive pastor of First Christian and is responsible to engage the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help develop the culture of worship for the church. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship team vocalists and band members as well as overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection, elements, and arrangements. Additionally, this position is responsible for the worship aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the executive leaders to ensure consistent quality, creativity, and theology. All products produced by this position will be considered completed as “work f. or hire” and be the property of First Christian. The worship pastor will work 45-55 hours per week (Sunday-Thursday). This position qualifies for vacation days and holidays including one week at Christmas. The benefits include Full Family Medical, Dental, Retirement, and Life Insurance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee leading worship for weekend, midweek, and special services
- Work in conjunction with the Media Pastor who oversees all areas of production (video, audio, light, sound, and staging).
- Expand and maintain the worship band and vocal members.
- Shepherd and mentor staff and volunteers serving in the worship ministry.
- Select songs and arrangements for services and develop them into a worship flow for each service at least two weeks in advance.
- Lead the creative team meetings and planning.
- Lead weekly rehearsals.
- Deepen the understanding of the worship department staff and volunteers of worship and the presence of the Lord.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship of the church which aligns directly with the Senior Pastor’s vision.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Plan, lead, and produce at least quarterly nights of worship.
- Lead in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Oversee and stay within the annual budget
- Strive to incorporate other art forms in addition to music such as dance, painting, photography, etc.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and mission
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
- Serve as part of the Pastor On Call rotation.
- Serve the church as an active church member.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
- Strong vocal skills, instrumental skills (prefer guitar or keyboard), song writing and arranging abilities, and able to rehearse a choir.
- Have a deep understanding of sound, lighting, and video in order to be able to work creatively and collaboratively with the Media Pastor.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Relational skills and a passionate presence and heart for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Must have a teachable spirit.
1. Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in Scripture,
2. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience,
3. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
4. Project Management,
5. Strong Technology Skills,
6. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
7. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
8. Equipment Maintenance,
9. Attention to Detail,
10. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks),
11. A working understanding and an interest in the latest trends of the latest trends in creative arts,
12. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ, and
13. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
To find out more about First Christian, please take your time to peruse www.fccf.org to learn more about the church, vision and values, and the many other ministries of the church. You can email your application documents along with links to your worship leading videos to email@example.com.