Douglas Ave Christian Church, Saint John, NB
Worship Ministry Leader
Douglas Avenue Christian Church (www.daccsj.ca) is seeking a dynamic and humble individual for the newly created position of Worship Ministry Leader. The Worship Ministry Leader will shepherd and develop artists who serve at the weekly worship services through creating an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, a space in which people can meet with God, and by leading the congregation and the members of the worship ministry in growing their own relationships with the Lord through worship.
Initially, many of the responsibilities may be small and all handled by one person, but for the ministry to grow, the responsibilities must be spread out among others. The Worship Ministry Leader must always be looking to empower others with significant responsibilities. Leaders who are primarily “doers” always limit growth.
It is the vision of DACC to create a network of independent yet collaborative satellite churches in the greater Saint John area over the coming years. In addition to providing leadership for the worship ministry at the Douglas Avenue congregation, the Worship Ministry Leader will contribute to this vision by developing a team of other worship leaders who can support these new independent satellite churches. Thus, mentoring a team of other worship leaders who rotate in turn to provide leadership (beyond “just filling in when the main Worship Ministry Leader is out”) is a critical element of the position.
- Lead and train others to lead the musical worship for corporate worship services.
- Build positive social dynamics and quality music.
- Lead a time-efficient, well-organized, and fun weekly Worship team rehearsal to work on music for the upcoming service, new music, arrangements and parts, and goals, with input from the group members.
- Help less experienced participants become knowledgeable of their roles.
- Strengthen the individuals on the team by helping them grow in their spiritual formation.
- Be prepared to lead congregational singing with the worship team (or alone).
- Utilize a mix of new, current, local, and traditional songs staying current on North American trends in worship music.
- Be able to read Scripture and pray as needed.
- Establish a creative planning team to design special creative elements, i.e. drama, faith stories, spotlighting announcements, etc.
- Be available for special services, funerals, Christmas Eve services and other events, etc.
- Organizational: develop long-range plans, create structure, set goals and budget for the ministry team, address personnel issues, mentor other leaders.
- Administrative: work with technical ministries, organize music licenses, chord charts, team schedules, team communications
- Work in a team relationship with the people providing technical ministries (audio, visual, and lighting)
- Meet regularly with the Technical team ministry leader to plan worship service details.
- Be responsible for a consistent, quality sound mix by giving regular, timely, and specific Feedback to the A/V techs.
- Communicate with the Lead Pastor on a regular basis to discuss worship themes and maintain a trust-based working relationship.
- Cooperate with the Church Board of Trustees and staff to enrich the worship ministry of church and promote cooperative relationships among its many people in ministry.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as well as training events.
Personal Christian Walk:
- A trusting relationship with Jesus Christ that is clearly exhibited in the leader’s life – you just get the sense that they know God intimately.
- Seeks after and follows the leading of the Holy Spirit, does not walk in the fear of man, and walks in authority
Musical and Worship Training/Experience:
- Skilled Instrumentalist preferred
- Lead quality vocalist – a strong, listenable voice to be easily followed.
- Ability to bring out the best in team members by communicating in both musical and non-musical terms the expectations for instrument arrangements, vocal harmonies, etc.
- Prior experience in church or para-church worship ministry is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of sound, video, lighting, audio recording and editing is helpful.
Spiritual Gifts and Passions:
- Leadership (the ability to influence).
- Servant (the heart to help others wherever is needed).
- The Psalmist (one who loves to sing).
- The Minstrel (one anointed to play).
- The Worshipper (one who is wholly given to another).
- Joyful submission to Godly authority.
- Friendly, open, honest, seeking community, encouraging, good chemistry with existing teams.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Must have healthy relationships with his/her spouse and children and their support for involvement in this ministry.
- Leaders are expected to participate in the shared life, personal growth, and accountability of a small group.
- The ability to maintain schedule for him/herself, the Worship team members, handle details related to worship planning and be prepared with planning ahead in worship
- The ability to organize and communicate clearly and consistently.
- Compatibility with the doctrine of Douglas Avenue Christian Church and supporting the mission and vision of the church.
The buzz about this Worship Ministry Leader will sound like this:
- Driven by relationships, not by performance, and has created a tribe that serves with excellence.
- Well-trained, but humbly seeks what God is currently doing at DACC.
- Not just a Worship Ministry Leader, but is a worship MINISTRY leader.
- May (or may not) be the most creative person, but is able to LEAD the creative.
- Thinks like a high-level manager – always thinking ahead, taking care of details, and leading people.
- Able to administrate: either detail-oriented or people-oriented and able to manage projects and timelines efficiently.
- Doesn’t feel like being good at everything is necessary, but rather is great at getting the best from the teams.
- Loves teaming up with people to get something done.
- Even though he/she is really talented, it’s clear that he/she is a true shepherd.
- Is so teachable, and though he/she has plenty to be proud about, is an approachable, unpretentious person.
As we are a relatively small congregation, we would expect the selected candidate to utilize their other God-given gifts and passions to work in one or two other areas, such as Administration, Involvement, Outreach, Community, Children, Youth, etc. The selected candidate will work with the Lead pastor to establish the job description for other responsibilities.
The Worship Ministry Leader will report to the Lead Pastor and shall be evaluated annually.
A degree from an affiliated recognized Bible college is preferred but not required.
Candidates will be asked to provide video sample of their worship leading.
Prior to being offered the role, the selected candidate will be asked to provide at least three personal/professional references who can be interviewed confidentially regarding the candidate’s capabilities.
The salary range for this position is between $30,000 and $45,000 per year. The final salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about Douglas Avenue Christian Church, visit www.daccsj.ca.
Grand Valley Church of Christ
Pastor (present pastor is retiring)
50 Amaranth Street E.
Grand Valley, Ontario, L9W 5L2
We are an independent church which fellowships with Churches of Christ/Christian Churches.
Grand Valley is a small town with a population of 2390 and is around an hour northwest of Toronto.
The church is over 150 years old and was the first church in town. The original building was totally destroyed by a tornado in 1985 and then rebuilt in 1986.
Our ministries include:
- Weekly grade school children’s program: “Kids Klub” which has an average attendance of around 20. Most of the children are from non-church homes.
- VBS every summer with an average attendance of 48.
- Yearly cemetery memorial service held in conjunction with the Grand Valley Ministerial.
- Strong supporter of Ontario Christian Assembly, a Church of Christ/Christian Church Bible camp located around 60 k northeast of Grand Valley
- A strong supporter of Ontario Christian Conference
In our constitution we have stated our purpose is: To minister in the name of Jesus Christ and to proclaim salvation through His name according to the Bible. (Matthew 26:18)
Our Sunday morning worship service is a blend of choruses and hymns. The messages are all Christ centered with a focus on relevance to our daily lives. Communion is celebrated weekly.
At present, the church can only afford an honorarium of $100.00 a week. However, there are plans to have a day care rent the basement which will enable the church to pay more. Thus, the person who comes will need to have a sponsoring church or be a tent maker like Paul.
The town of Grand Valley has been designated as a growth area by the province and 350 new homes are in the process of being constructed. (see photo)
We are seeking a pastor who has:
- A saving faith in Jesus Christ as witnessed through public confession and believers baptism by immersion
- The ability to work in a small church setting
- The ability to communicate with persons who come from a non-church background
Please send resumes to: The.Cuthbertsons@gmail.com or to the above address
WEYMOUTH CHURCH OF CHRIST (instrumental), Weymouth, Nova Scotia
FULL TIME MINISTER
Weymouth Church of Christ is a rural congregation of 80 – 100 average attendance is seeking a full time minister who has dynamic preaching skills based on biblical principles and outstanding people skills. Candidate should be a graduate of a Restoration Movement college or university and will possess the skills to cooperatively work with the elders and deacons to increase and mature God’s people. Salary negotiable. Parsonage available.
Please send resume to: Search Committee, Weymouth Church of Christ, PO Box 335, Weymouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B0W 3T0 or email email@example.com For a full job description you can go to http://www.weymouthchurchofchrist.com/staff.html
SELKIRK CHRISTIAN CHAPEL, Selkirk, Ontario
Denomination: Non-denominational, Evangelical, Christian Church
Church Size: 175
Selkirk Christian Chapel is located in the town of Selkirk in rural southern Ontario. We are a family church made up of a balance of children, youth, adults and seniors.
Attendance at our various services is as follows:
· Sunday School: 100 (adults & children)
· Sunday Morning Worship: 175
· Mid-Week children’s program: 60-70
· Small group Bible studies: 35
· Friday Youth group: 15
The physical church consists of a sanctuary with a capacity of approximately 220, a fellowship hall with a complete kitchen, an education wing that houses our Sunday School classes and a newly constructed, large multi-purpose facility. There is also a detached parsonage on the property.
Our ministries are numerous, with each performing a particular and important service:
· Vacation Bible School
· Christian Women’s Fellowship
· Children, youth and adult choirs
· Youth & adult praise teams
· Mission Ministry Team
· Strong supporter of Ontario Christian Assembly Camp.
Our Sunday morning worship service has a blend of traditional and contemporary styles including Bible-based, Christ-centered messages applicable to daily life. Communion is celebrated each week.
We desire ongoing discipleship that will stimulate spiritual growth both individually and corporately, while maintaining our strong community outreach.
We are seeking a lead pastor who has:
· a saving faith in Jesus Christ as witnessed through public confession and believers baptism by immersion.
· a deep and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a love for His Church, and a heart for the local congregation.
· a strong devotional and prayer life.
· the gift of providing relevant Bible teaching and preaching.
· the ability to work with groups and individuals in developing and sustaining ministries within and beyond our congregation.
· an understanding of how to foster a team approach.
After prayerful consideration please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTAGUE CHURCH OF CHRIST, Montague, PE
Montague Church of Christ, an Independent Christian Church, is seeking a Preaching Minister. We are in Montague, Prince Edward Island, Canada. A service centre for a rural population of 20,000, about a five hour drive north of Maine. Farming, fishing and tourism are the main industries. Attendance is approximately 100 at our Sunday morning service. We have a modern facility that will seat 300.
Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college affiliated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ and have at least five years experience in preaching ministry.
Candidate must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community outreach, prayer, and personal spiritual growth. He must have strong leadership skills, works well with others, is organized and will lead the church in spiritual and numerical growth.
Additional staff include: a part-time youth minister, and secretary. A salary of $50,000 will be paid to the successful candidate. If you feel God is leading you to our church, please send a video/audio sermon, your resume, and recent picture to:
PO. Box 74 Souris, PE. Canada C0A 2B0
Please feel free to call: 1-902-687-2690, or e-mail: email@example.com for more info.
ALBERTA BIBLE COLLEGE, Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the President is directly responsible for the day to
day operation of Alberta Bible College and for representing the College. The President
is responsible for putting the strategic plan into operation with a laser-like focus on the
College’s mission of equipping people for effective service and witness for Christ
understood especially as preparing leaders for churches. The President is also
responsible for putting adequate financial resources in place to carry out this mission by
executing effective revenue generation and development strategies, by implementing
results-driven student recruitment and marketing, by creation of annual budgets with
vigilant financial controls, and by regular reporting to the Board of Trustees with
updates to stakeholders as appropriate. The President will be responsible for leading
and putting in place a team to carry out these responsibilities.
Candidates for President of Alberta Bible College MUST bring the following
- Identification with and adherence to Restoration Movement (RM) principles of New Testament Christianity, membership in a RM congregation, and a commitment to extending and growing the RM;
- A leader who possesses the persona, people skills and business acumen to lead a team in carrying out the College’s ministry; and
- Commitment to ABC’s Strategic Plan, adopted July 31, 2013.
Candidates for President may make themselves more competitive with the following
- Experience in pastoral/preaching ministry with a RM congregation;
- Advanced theological degree (at least master’s level);
- Experience as a fundraiser for a charity;
- Experience in church planting;
- Some understanding of the RM in Canada and its challenges;
- Experience in higher Christian education as an educator and/or administrator;
- Willing and able to promote ABC effectively in its endeavour to be the source, resource and focal point for RM leaders and growth initiatives in western Canada;
- Someone who will confidently engage especially people and churches in ABC’s constituency in an effective manner; and
- Inspirational to students and to supporters and churches in ABC’s constituency.
COMPENSATION: To be negotiated.
APPLICATION: To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé addressed to the
Search Committee as a PDF by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAVENPORT CHURCH OF CHRIST, Red Deer, AB
The Davenport Church of Christ in Red Deer, Alberta has an opening for a full-time minister effective immediately. We will be accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.
A search team has been selected to work alongside the elders in the process of receiving and reviewing applications. Please send you letter of interest, your resume and three references to:
Ivan Perry, chair of the search team
68 Donlevy Ave
Red Deer, AB T4R 2Y8
Minister Profile – Davenport Church of Christ
- Evangelist – intentionally building relationships with non-Christians with the hopes of “making the teaching about God attractive” and telling them the good news
- Teacher/Preacher – well-versed in God’s Word and all that surrounds it so as to be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one and in public settings
- Equipper – intentionally building relationships with all members (child, teen and adult) of the Davenport Church to discover / affirm spiritual gifts and empower towards ministry
- Leader – representing the leadership’s vision to the congregation
- People-helper – providing pastoral care for the Davenport Church community
- Servant – demonstrating God’s love to those who are in need
- Spiritual so as to be led by the Spirit and display the fruit of the Spirit
- Prayerful so as to be dependent on God
- Student of the Bible so as to help others understand the same
- Caring and compassionate so as to be able to help people in life’s struggles
- Organized so as to be able to oversee ministries of the church
- Confident yet humble so as to effectively lead people
- Teachable so as to be able to receive helpful direction from the elders
- Musical so as to be able to equip people in music ministry for our assembly
- God – building a deep faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Family – nurturing and cherishing spouse and children
- Elders – working in a mutual accountability
- Ministry leaders – recruiting and empowering
- Members of Davenport Church – equipping and encouraging
- Non-Christians – caring and influencing
Experience and Education
- Married with a young family
- Exemplary in Christian character and lifestyle
- Demonstrated maturity through 5-10 years of experience in church ministry
- Background and/or willingness to work within the heritage of Churches of Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
To view current ministry openings listed with Crosslink.org click on link http://www.crosslink.org/OpeningsShowAll.php
COMMON GROUND CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Tampa, Florida
FULL-TIME SENIOR PASTOR for a 6 year-old, multi-ethnic church in an urban setting.
Our Church: Common Ground Church in Tampa, Florida, located in the Seminole Heights area, minutes from downtown Tampa, is a family of believers which averages in the low to mid 100s each Sunday and comes from varied ethnic, economic and personal backgrounds and finds its unity and “common ground” in Christ. We are a “come as you are” church in a neighborhood known for its eclectic restaurants and entrepreneurial spirit.
Expectations: Primarily includes preaching, teaching, leading a team-based ministry model, communicating vision, and shepherding the church. Must also work cohesively with part-time staff (currently a Worship Leader and Youth & Family Life Pastor) and with the Management Team. Should form and articulate the overall direction of the church’s ministry, including, but not limited to: strategic planning, community outreach efforts, coordination of programs, and overseeing activities led by staff and volunteer leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education from a Restoration Movement based Bible College/University and committed to the ideals of the Restoration Movement.
- A minimum five years’ preaching experience or a combination of preaching/teaching equivalency is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bible.
- Strong administrative abilities.
- Creativity in worship and programming.
- High quality interpersonal skills demonstrated in healthy communication and relationships with the staff and church family.
To Apply: Send resume with brief theological statement and references to email@example.com. Additionally, please furnish video/cd of your preaching or advise if this can be found online.
FIRST CHRISTIAN, Florissant, Missouri
First Christian is a regional church and one of the largest churches in the northern St. Louis area with an average attendance of 1,200+ with 2,500+ members. Located on 14 acres, the campus has evolved to over 100,000 square feet of space featuring a 1,600 seat, well designed worship center completed in 2006. Leadership is committed to strong Biblical teaching, passionate worship, and reaching out to the community in ways that connect unchurched people to Jesus Christ. First Christian has seen 500 decisions for Christ in 2011 & 2012 with over 300 of these decisions being baptisms. First Christian’s expansive ministry is a result of highly committed volunteers finding their ministry and serving with relentless dedication. This highly relational church is intent on stretching boundaries for the sake of reaching the community for Jesus Christ.
First Christian is seeking a high capacity, experienced, passionate worship leader. The worship pastor will report to the executive pastor of First Christian and is responsible to engage the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help develop the culture of worship for the church. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship team vocalists and band members as well as overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection, elements, and arrangements. Additionally, this position is responsible for the worship aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the executive leaders to ensure consistent quality, creativity, and theology. All products produced by this position will be considered completed as “work f. or hire” and be the property of First Christian. The worship pastor will work 45-55 hours per week (Sunday-Thursday). This position qualifies for vacation days and holidays including one week at Christmas. The benefits include Full Family Medical, Dental, Retirement, and Life Insurance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee leading worship for weekend, midweek, and special services
- Work in conjunction with the Media Pastor who oversees all areas of production (video, audio, light, sound, and staging).
- Expand and maintain the worship band and vocal members.
- Shepherd and mentor staff and volunteers serving in the worship ministry.
- Select songs and arrangements for services and develop them into a worship flow for each service at least two weeks in advance.
- Lead the creative team meetings and planning.
- Lead weekly rehearsals.
- Deepen the understanding of the worship department staff and volunteers of worship and the presence of the Lord.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship of the church which aligns directly with the Senior Pastor’s vision.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Plan, lead, and produce at least quarterly nights of worship.
- Lead in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Oversee and stay within the annual budget
- Strive to incorporate other art forms in addition to music such as dance, painting, photography, etc.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and mission
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
- Serve as part of the Pastor On Call rotation.
- Serve the church as an active church member.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
- Strong vocal skills, instrumental skills (prefer guitar or keyboard), song writing and arranging abilities, and able to rehearse a choir.
- Have a deep understanding of sound, lighting, and video in order to be able to work creatively and collaboratively with the Media Pastor.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Relational skills and a passionate presence and heart for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Must have a teachable spirit.
1. Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in Scripture,
2. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience,
3. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
4. Project Management,
5. Strong Technology Skills,
6. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
7. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
8. Equipment Maintenance,
9. Attention to Detail,
10. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks),
11. A working understanding and an interest in the latest trends of the latest trends in creative arts,
12. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ, and
13. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
To find out more about First Christian, please take your time to peruse www.fccf.org to learn more about the church, vision and values, and the many other ministries of the church. You can email your application documents along with links to your worship leading videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.